angenam bowl, anthropologie, arc small wine glass, bird salt and pepper shakers, cb2, coveting, fall, frank dinnerware, gold, gold pig bookends, grass letter holder, green, ikea, jonathan adler, mint, ruffle flower green knob, september, sky petals necklace, soda-lime tumbler, square hi-gloss white tray, the cross design, white
Ah, September is here. The crispness in the air, the crunchy leaves falling underfoot – it’s my favourite time of year. When everyone else is griping about the end of summer I am looking forward to eating hearty meals, wearing cozy knits and staying in all day making soup and watching cartoons around the fire while it rains outside. Okay, maybe around my empty mantel, but I digress.
This month I’m coveting all manner of things, but they all happen to be in the green, gold and white families, a palette that is probably more relevant for winter. But since I’m not particularly fond of red and only beginning to have a penchant for orange, it will have to do this fall.
1. CB2 – Gold pig bookends: So pretty and golden!
2. The Cross Design – Ruffle Flower Green Knob: We’re planning to do a DIY for extra storage in our bedroom and these would be a perfect addition.
3. IKEA – Angenam Bowl: When I spotted this in the catalogue I was so happy – finally IKEA is doing something a bit more fashion-forward! Love the contrasting colour inside the bowl, and the fact that it’s gold makes it that much better.
4. CB2 – Arc small wine glass: I’ve been looking for a flat-bottomed wine glass – lovely.
5. CB2 – Square hi-gloss white tray: Everyone needs a good sturdy tray, especially when you’re living in a workzone which requires you to eat every meal in bed (i.e. us)!
6. Anthropologie – Soda-Lime tumbler in clear: These are so pretty, with just a hint of green and a subtle cross-hatch indentation on the glass.
7. Anthropologie – Sky Petals Necklace: I love statement necklaces.
8. Mint – Bird Salt and Pepper Shakers by Jonathan Adler: I love Jonathan Adler’s design here – both sculptural and useful. I’m so glad a place only blocks away from Kitsilano carries Jonathan Adler!
9. CB2 – Frank dinnerware: Still looking for that elusive perfect dining set. This one is great – I love how its modern lines would pair perfectly with the arc glasses.
10. CB2 – Grass letter holder: I want this! Haha of course I do – it’s green! A letter holder is so important to have, and can serve double duty as a holder for papers to be filed.
Loving these combination of colours – in fact, I’m wearing them right now! Would you put these in your home?