anthropologie, birthday, cb2, celebracious, drinking chocolate, gold pig bookends, grass letter holder, green, high tea chocolate bar, mink chocolates, moleskine, Paris, paris in color, sister, soda-lime tumbler, square hi-gloss tray, the cross design, UBC, valentina
My sister L is turning 21, so did a round-up of potential gifts for her. Then I found out she wanted a nice purse, so I had to do something else. Oh well, here’s the original post and then what I got her!
She’s just gone back to school at UBC but she’ll be moving to Paris for exchange come January, so I’m using both of those facts as a jumping off points for her birthday. I started with a much larger round-up but pared it down when I saw the cost (eek!). So here is the pared-down version (you might recognize some of these from my September covets):
1. CB2 – Gold pig bookends: So pretty and golden! L has lots of books and this would be a great way to display some of them.
2. CB2 – Square hi-gloss white tray: Everyone needs a good sturdy tray, especially in university when you spend so much time sitting on your bed doing homework.
3. Anthropologie – Soda-Lime tumbler in clear: These are so pretty, with just a hint of green and a subtle cross-hatch indentation on the glass. Some nice glasses are wonderful when you live in residence and everything else in your kitchen cabinets is your parents’ trash. (I can’t be the only one who lived like that in university…)
4. The Cross Design – Paris in Color: The Cross is a local design studio and shop that totally eminates French chic. This book would be perfect for L to catch up on her Parisian locales before heading off next year.
5. Mink Chocolates – High Tea Dark Chocolate Bar: L only likes dark chocolate, and she’s a huge tea fan – so what better gift than dark chocolate ganache infused with Earl Grey Tea? Mink is a local chocolate place that has THE BEST drinking chocolate I have ever tasted – including against the best drinking chocolate in Paris. I have thought about it repeatedly since my one encounter with the drink, and I’m looking forward to buying some of their make-at-home variety (stocking stuffer, anyone?).
6. CB2 – Grass letter holder: I want this! Haha of course I do – it’s green! A letter holder is so important to have, and can serve double duty as both a repository for homework but also for all the handouts you receive on campus.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY L!!
Then…I found out that she wants a purse so I got her this stuff instead:
1 – Valentina purse in dark green leather
2 – Moleskine weekly planner for 2012-2013
3 – Mink Celebracious dark chocolate with champagne infusion
I think she’ll like all of these. I think I’ll also get her some uniballs in green and black – she loves those things.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY L – TIMES 2!!!